Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Movers!

Today the movers are here. For anyone who has not had the annoyance joy of dealing with professional movers, you are lucky. Movers are a double-edged sword. The good side is that you have someone else to pack up and move your stuff. The not-so-good side is that someone else is packing and moving your stuff.

No one really appreciates your stuff like you can. Seeing someone disassemble your possession, wrap it up in wrinkled paper and use it as a jigsaw piece as it is stuffed in a cardboard box with all your other possessions is a bit unnerving to say the least. Had I known they were going to disassemble some of the "prefab" furniture I have collected over the years, I truly would not have brought it along. I am pretty sure some of it will not be resurrected and will likely spend the remainder of  eternity in some Italian landfill! Unless...recycling it is an option. After all, recycling is mandatory in Italy!

Six weeks from now, I will be reunited with my stuff. For now, I will dream of my comfy pillows while I toss and turn on the cheap ones I purchased for guests years ago!

Moving is all to real now!