Friday, March 5, 2010

Oh, what to do...

The logistics of moving to another country is a bit more difficult than moving to a different state or town. Right now, we have so much on our platter. Two big decisions need to be made before we go.

We have to decide what we are going to do with our furbabies. Taking cats and dogs overseas could be a major pain in the neck. In Italy, there is no quarantine period. All that is needed is to have a clean bill of health, up-to-date immunizations and a micro-chip. The government pays for two animals to go with us. It is not recommended that you bring pets, however. I love my cats and dog. I don't want to give them away. Who wants three ten year old cats who have really never left the house except to go to the vet? How about the 17 year old cat with health issues and an extremely bad attitude? The cute dog that still looks and looks like a puppy is probably in danger of being given away. Oh my, I hate the thought.

The next thing we have to decide is what to do to with our house. We are not going to sell it, we have decided that much. However, we need to decide whether to lease the house, find someone to live in it or leave it empty. Since the insurance company won't insure it empty, I guess we have two options.

All these decisions...

Anyone want to live in my house and adopt five spoiled critters?