Friday, August 6, 2010

Odd things you will see in my Italian home

Getting used to being in a different country has many different sides to it. Even simple every day things are not the same. I thought I would share some of the things I found odd in my house.

First, in the bathroom...

There is the rectangular toilet with no tank...















The bidet....
















The water heater, which incidentally, does not work as it should, so it's name is a bit misleading. It should say "really lukewarm or totally scalding" water device.













Throughout the house, you will see these fixtures.



Light switches...












Electrical sockets (Plug-ins)....













You'll see this in the kitchen. It isn't part of the house, but it made me look twice when I first saw it.


The incredible edible egg....














Complete with it's own identification code on the shell.

I am starting to get  used to everything in the house now. Well, except for the white slip covers on the kitchen chairs. The reason for that ought to be self-explanatory for those with kids!